East Memphis Optometry has always followed strict cleanliness and sanitation practices. The health and safety of our patients and employees is our number one priority amid concerns about the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). We are here to serve you, and we want to share information about how we continue to operate safely and effectively. Our thoughts are with those affected by the coronavirus.
What We Ask of You:
- When you arrive in our parking lot, please stay in your car. You will text the office number 901-683-4529 to let us know that you are here.
- Only patients with appointments are allowed inside the office.
- Everyone entering the building must wear a mask or face covering.
- We will check your temperature at check- in with a non-contact thermometer; a reading higher than 100.4 F will require that you reschedule.
- If you are sick, please stay home. We will reschedule your appointment if you are ill.
- We are a hand-shake and elbow-bump free zone.
- In an effort to limit the number of bodies in the office at one time, please leave your family members in the car or outside. Only one essential caregiver is allowed per patient.
- If you have had contact with someone who is ill or are caring for someone at risk, please defer your appointment.
Steps We are Taking to Ensure Your Safety:
- Limited the number of patients scheduled each day to allow for physical distancing.
- Phone screening for symptoms over the last two weeks before scheduling appointments.
- Installed Plexiglas breath shields at the front desk.
- Installed breath shields on the doctor's equipment in the exam rooms
- Enacted more frequent cleaning and sanitizing practices throughout the office, with special attention to all exam equipment, door handles, reception area surfaces, furniture, credit card terminals, restrooms, keyboards, phones and more.
- Made hand sanitizer available throughout the office.
- Removed all shared magazines and literature.
- Removed all non-essential items at the check-out desks such as pen, beverages and business cards
- Our policy has always been to keep sick staff home.
Please know that we will miss the handshakes and hugs during this time as well as not being able to see your smiles behind the masks when you find the perfect pair of eyeglasses. We can’t wait for the day when these precautions are no longer necessary.